Before joining BTB, I was a member of LA Fitness and coming off of three knee surgeries, a divorce and nearly fatal head injury. I had seen very little results after working with a LA Fitness trainer for 1 year. So I fired my trainer and signed up for a month of BTB's Vinings BootCamp. By the end of Day 1, I was hooked. The experience was so far from what I was used to. People pushing me and encouraging me along. After my second week of BootCamp, they mentioned doing weekend homework assignments at the BTB CrossFit gym in the Highlands. I went down one Saturday morning and was quite intimidated by what I saw. People ripping pull-ups out and throwing heavy balls around. Several of my bootcamp instructors were there and walked me through the workout. What do you know...I was hooked.
I signed up for another two months of camp and continued getting crossfit workouts in on the weekends. The results have been amazing. Here are just a few of the accomplishments I have seen in a little over 1 year with BTB:
1. Dropped my bodyfat to 10.2% (down from 19%)
2. Ran my first marathon here in Atlanta (against doctor's orders) and finished in under 4 hours
3. Finished 1st in the Elite Division of the Crossfit Challenge earlier this year
4. Gained the friendship of so many great folks both at camp and the gym
5. Completely rebuilt my diet through a Zone Diet Challenge through the gym (never slept better)
6. Became the lead instructor for the Vinings BootCamp and also teach CrossFit classes
7. Level 1 CrossFit Certification
BTB has transformed my mind, body and life. The workouts are great, but it's the community of encouragement and support that I truly enjoy. There is not a better place to get fit and discover a greater appreciation for the potential we have all been given.