BTB-45 Paleo Nutrition Challenge
Welcome. The BTB45 is a 45-day nutrition and performance challenge. It is based on principles of the Paleolithic Diet, modern day life, science, and practical experience. Do not look at this “challenge” as a one-time thing to see if you can win. Look at it as a jumping off point for a continued healthy lifestyle.
During the first 30 days of this challenge, you are expected to be “strict” and not stray from the guidelines. Not only do you need to have some self-discipline to carry through on this endeavor, but it is also an exercise in character. Everything is published to the group, and only you will know if you are being honest.
From day 30-45, you may want to experiment a little by adding some dairy or some additional fruit into your diet. You may want to add in a cheat meal or some wine with dinner. Many choose not to. You may be surprised by the reaction your body has to adding certain things back into your diet that you have eliminated for 30 days. Many of us discover allergies and intolerances that we didn’t even know we had. Grains and Legumes are still an absolute no-no.
Judging the Contest.
All four areas below will count for 25% of your final score. Qualified, outsourced Judges will complete judging. Find specific details on all of these areas on the following pages.
1. TI (total inches)
2. Before, During and After photos
Buy – In. From research we have seen, there is more motivation from the fear of losing something, so we have made this year a little more interesting. The Buy-In is $100. Don’t Freak Out!! You will get $50 of this back IF you complete the program (meaning journaling your food and participating all 45 days). If you drop out completely, your $$ will be added to the kitty as prize money. Our goal with this is to keep all of you in the game from start to finish!
A quick word about this contest, if you are going to participate, participate fully. If you are not going for the prize but still want a little support, please register and support the kitty. If you are not part of the challenge and are asking questions on the blog, you should join the challenge and support the kitty. It is only fair to all the other players.
This contest is for current BTB members only. If you are not a member of BTB, but would still like to play along we can work something out, but you will not qualify for the large prizes. Email us to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you have to do?
2. Daily: Photo journal or journal your food. It is easy using a camera phone and some online software. We’ll show you how.
3. Daily: Darken your room.
4. Weekly: WOD 2-4 times/week – journal it using the online software – we’ll show you how.
5. Get some basic blood work done. Much cheaper and easier to get done this year.
6. Take some before & after photos – during photos if you are feeling randy.
7. Pick out a Benchmark WOD you recently completed and then complete it again in 45 days.
8. Measure a few parts of your body like your waist, hips, arms and legs. We have tapes at all the gyms.
9. Get some sleep. Aim for 8+ hours each night. Extra sleep alone has been responsible for many a pound lost!
10. Get support. Make sure your friends, family and frenimes know what you are up too. Get them on board, make sure they are prepared to help you through the tough times when you absolutely have to have a package of Sour Gummy Patch Kids.
11. Share your online journal and favorite recipes/meals with your fellow BTB45ers.
12. READ very carefully every single word in the BTB45 Guide that will be emailed to you upon registration. Please help the BTB45 Judges & Admin by educating yourself so you are on the same page as everyone else. It is very embarrassing to ask, "Is Quinoa okay?" for the 30th time on the blog. Just saying.
13. Ask questions on the nutrition blog that are not answered in your guidebook.
What do you get?
1. Hopefully a hot bod, more energy and better WOD times!
2. Big, Final Prizes!! Top Male and Female winners will share a kitty. Last year it was several hundred dollars each. This year it should be even more.
3. Male/Female Runner Up from each gym: 2 months free BTB membership
4. Male/Female Honorable Mention from each gym: 1-month free BTB membership
5. Special, After the Event Prizes!! We will regroup after 30 days and give out prizes to the top male & female “well adjusted” contestant. This person may or may not have won the big prize, but this person continues to follow the basics of Paleo + Science (stays away from grains & beans – uses dairy as a cheat). This prize will be BIGGER than the Big, Final prize. Yeah, we are serious this time. You are in it to win it or go home baby.