In case none of the snacks in the previous blog post tempted your palate, here's an irrestible snack for sure! Steak Pops!! Who doesn't love meat on a stick?
For instructions on how to make your own, check out this blog post on Instructables.com.
Check out the recipe for Morning Glory Muffins over at PaleoComfortFoods.com. Very easy to make and crazy tasty! Almound Flour is the key, which you can find at nearly any grocery store and the farmer's market.
Here's a few easy snack ideas for you for throughout the day:
• Beef Jerky & cashews (almonds, walnuts, macadamias, pistachios, etc.)
• Cauliflower/carrots & hummus
• Whole fruit (like an Apple or Pear) with a handful of nuts, or some SunButter or Cashew or Almond Butter.
• Hardboiled eggs
• Bowl of Fruit (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, cut up melon, etc.). Pair this with a hardboiled egg or some jerky! Or even some nuts.
• Make your own trailmix at whole foods using some dried fruit/berries & nuts & coconut flakes
• Larabars Usually these are $1.50 each, but every couple of weeks, Kroger or Publix will have these on sale for $1/each so just buy a bunch then. You can also make your own. Super yummy and easy to make. Here's how to do it. And throw in your own ingredients!
• Cucumber, tomato, and avocado salad mixed up with a little olive oil and lemon juice and some turkey slices for protein!
What else do y'all have as great snack ideas?
Awesome morning today. Great way to kick off this month. Tough little Benchmark to get us started, but y'all rocked it! Here's what we did:
Run 400 meters
Run 400 meters
Remember to do some additional stretching today. Especially those legs! We'll see you bright & early tomorrow for some more fun!